The Shop X Teen Angel
Climbing Mountains Choker Necklace
CZ carabiner choker necklace in sterling silver, finished in a gold fill. The carabiner actually works, however it is easier to use the spring ring and jump ring to take the necklace off and on.
14" necklace with a 2" extender.
Accessories are a FINAL SALE.
Gold-filled jewelry is a lifetime product because the gold layer bonded to the brass core is quite thick. However, in rare instances of extreme sulfide exposure, it can tarnish. These are extreme conditions. Gold-filled usually just requires light surface cleaning with an untreated cloth or mild soapy water.
How to care for your bling:
1. As much as you love your jewelry, they are not to be worn 24/7. They should be the last thing you put on in the morning and the first thing you take off at night.
2. When not wearing your silver and gold vermeil pieces, remember to store them in an airtight baggie to prevent oxidation and to keep them tangle free!
3. Try to avoid exposing your jewelry to cleaners, hot water, and harsh chemicals. Ideally, you want to remove them before handling such solutions.
3. Keep your jewels out of the water! You wouldn't jump in the shower or pool with your favorite high heels, don't do it with your jewels!
4. To clean your jewelry, use a clean cotton or microfiber cloth to buff it gently. Don't use chemical cleaners as they can easily strip the gold finish.
5. Over time, the gold layer might oxidize a bit. This is a common and natural property that adds a unique sense of character to the piece. Don't fret when that happens. You can re-dip sterling silver pieces to be shiny gold again with any professional jeweler. Or if it is gold filled, you can gently wipe clean with a jewelry cloth.